SALES TEAM MEMBERS:
All areas , both full and part time. Contact Carl Safstrom
FIRE APPARATUS SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Heavy Truck Service facility seeking qualified technician to
diagnose, repair, maintain, service and outfit Fire Apparatus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine inspection and scheduled maintenance on
Heavy Truck Equipment by following maintenance schedules and
processes established by the organization.
- Diagnose and repair fire apparatus vehicle problems
including electrical systems, hydraulic systems, drivability
issues, engine and power train, braking system and overall
vehicle performance issues.
- Diagnose and repair fire department vehicle special
systems including fire pumps, valves and related plumbing
components; foam injection systems; compressed air foam
systems; and electrical systems including emergency warning
equipment, radio communications equipment, automatic door
release, remote sensors and battery maintenance systems.
- Perform welding, fabrication and vehicle modification
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational or technical
nature which may be obtained with six months/one year of
advanced study or training past the high school equivalency.
Appropriate certification may be awarded upon satisfactory
completion of advanced study or training.
Experience with or as a heavy truck mechanic. Minimum 3 years
- Certifications and Other Requirements
- Valid CDL Driverís License required within 6 months . DMV check required
- Must have/or obtain ASE Heavy Truck Certifications
for Air Brake, Steering Systems and Heavy Truck Electrical.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) Certifications
preferred. EVT LEVEL 1 within 1 yr REQUIRED
- Completion of EVT Level II Certification required within
two years of employment.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings
- Read and follow simple to complicated instructions in
various repair manuels
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal
- Must have your own hand tools
- Must be able to operate standard items found in heavy
duty truck center. AC machine, electrical meters,
plasma cutters, welder & grinders
- Employment Agreement required
Pay based on experience and qualifications
Paid Vacation & Leave time
Health Care co-pay after 6 months